Sunday 15 October 2017

Three Favourites

Today I would like to share a trio of my favourite artists and pieces I love.
Firstly Australian artist....Ainslie Roberts....RAINMAKERS......Quite apt with the way it is pouring down here at present.
I am always captivated by his work......amazing! You can look and look and still see something new.
The second Michael Parkes....an American artist. I bought my Daughter a print of this as she was born on a Tuesday and was a dancer......TUESDAYS CHILD. Beautiful fantasy pieces, once again with lots of details to explore.
Lastly the lady who inspired me to draw as a child. Peg Maltby. I was gifted her Fairy book and I just about inhaled those gorgeous drawings. Time just disappeard within these pages. I poured over her illustrations and my imagination went wild......one of my favourite pages was this one.
You will also note that there is beautiful stitching in this picture lol! This book was lost to me until a couple of years ago when a dear friend found it in a second hand shop....a much later version but the drawings were all there.....along with some coloured pencil drawings of the previous owner lol! Seemed perfect to me.
Now I am not an afficiando of high art......my knowledge is quite lacking but I know what speaks to me and these live in my heart. All 3 are so different but all have details and secrets to discover.....which I am sure is what attracts me.
How about you?
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle,i wish i had your talent i would love to be able to draw and used to do drawings when i was at high school ,but i was sorely lacking any talent,so i now just admire the beautiful drawings and paintings,love you quote,so true,Namaste my friend xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.