Monday 27 November 2017

Koalas

As the end of the year approaches I felt the need to finish a piece featuring an animal I love. Having lived in my home for over 40 years and before the housing developments encroached on our area, we regularly encountered koalas in the wild. Such is not the case any longer. Sadly our koala population is depleted and in grave danger as their habitat is being destroyed on a monumental scale.
I love to draw them. My piece "Safe with Mum" is now finished and I love this sweet duo......the process.....
And the finished piece......
Of course there always  seems to be a new project waiting for me. I have just begun a new piece of a gorgeous Azure Kingfisher. Captured on the Yellow Water Billabong Kakadu. Prelim drawing done and first layers of pencil going down....can you see him there?
Ahhh! Love what I do.....
As the saying goes...."No tree.....No me!"
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle love this piece look at the face on the baby koala ,I just want to pick him up and cuddle him,lovely work as usual my friend ,yep I can see the kingfisher,Namaste and blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful drawing Michelle, shame howmthe trees are being taken out without a thought for the wildlife. Loking forward to the new creation taking shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Michelle...so lifelike! And such a sad thing about their habitat disappearing. Looking forward to seeing your Kingfisher come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your koala's are gorgeous. Sadly I have not seen a Koala in the wild since living in Queensland....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Koalas are brilliant - the little one is just so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!
    ดูหนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.