Tuesday 26 September 2017

Journals

A lot of artists have sketch books where they sketch ideas and subjects for further exploration later. This is usually done quite quickly. I have never quite mastered the quick sketch. I do however love to doodle and try things out in my journals. What starts out to be a sketch usually sees me completely carried away and a little drawing results.  I thought I  would share with you a couple of my journal pages where I spend a bit of time playing. I did get completely carried away with this little Willy Wagtail!
Practicing the art of rocks......love rocks! It is funny because sometimes the rocks and branches will be very time consuming and take a great deal of work and if they look wrong it is immediately obvious and if it's right not noticed at all. Sometimes when a lovely person is enthusing over a critter, you bite your tongue because you really want to say. ....yes but what about those rocks, sticks etc. Lol!
This was a little challenge I did which involved different drawing prompts 52 I think in total. This one.....draw a movie title. I am sure you will guess it straight away!
My first love is drawing in graphite so I often just doodle with a pencil. It's nice to go back to basic tools.
Trying out botanicals and colours before you use them in a bigger project is something I like to do also.
Sometimes it is simply because I really love something and I want to draw it for my own amusement.
So whilst I am extremely envious of those who can whip down a quick sketch, I love exploring in my own way in my journals.
I hope you enjoyed this peek inside their covers
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, they are beautiful pages. Love journals, now I just need to learn how to draw! ! I admire your rocks but love the Willy Wagtail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love looking inside peoples sketchbooks - although would not dream of exposing mine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your sketches. Very envious as I can't even draw a straight line as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle what a wonderful blog so full of colour,your drawings are amazing my friend,hope to see you do a exibition one day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely sketches Michelle .
    How nice to have a special blog where you can share all your beautiful drawing.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.