Friday 18 May 2018

Restoration

Hello fellow creatives and nature lovers. I have returned from my lovely relaxing break away......beside the beautiful Brunswick River.
Sometimes less is more and I didn't do a lot of sketching.....more observing nature around me.....loved the locals....so entertaining.
And then so magical at dusk.
As I have said before I am not a quick sketcher so as the fauna would not stay still for me, I enjoyed sketching from life a Beach Hibiscus flower and a fresh and aging leaf in my journal.
I visited my Brother and SIL who are not too far from where we choose to stay. It was a real treat to see my Pandanus piece I did for them all framed up and looking lovely and enjoy a delicious lunch cooked by my Brother.

My Brother is getting a little collection of lovely art featuring his favourite Pandanus.
It was lovely to restore mind, body and soul and even nicer to appreciate that special place called HOME.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

4 comments:

  1. Pleased you had a restful break and also visited your brother but it's always nice to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful you had a restorative break and got to spend time with your brother...your art looks fantastic framed and on the wall. Always good to be back home 😆😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you got lots of inspiration there....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sketches Michelle - is it easier to sketch from life than the photos you often do? I'm sure you came home with plenty of inspiration. How fabulous to see your art on the wall, enjoyed by your brother. (Ahem I have the odd one I'm wanting to frame..!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.