Wednesday 29 August 2018

Negative Spaces

Are you up for more progress shots of the Mt Cootha Lily Pond......
It always stuns me how the negative spaces make your work pop and give a sense of depth.
And a bit more dark....
And very nearly there....all the dark is in.....a few more leaves to finish....details and then teeny froggy.
20 + hours so far on this lovely!
I am still playing with roses.....this one in my journal.
I have also been taking a second look at this one for later in the year......
A little tweaking before framing....amongst my favourite Aussies.
That's it from me......
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

5 comments:

  1. the black in the back of your water lilies is amazing... what a difference it makes.... love the rest of the work too - your koala's are gorgeous.... are you exhibiting them?

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. those koalas are just amazing Michelle! you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on your Lily Pond Michelle - I always love to see flowers on a dark background and yours look gorgeous with that dark green. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilies look amazing. look forward to seeing the wee frog pop.
    The Koalas are so realistic..

    You are a very talented lady Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dark background sure makes the front colours pop, just beautiful Michelle. The rose is beautiful too..the koalas are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.