Tuesday 24 October 2017

Scribbling

I have been procrastinating for ages about a new piece I wanted to do for a loved one....trying to find the right reference photos and composition has taken some time. I took SO MANY photos of Pandanas! Finally I chose and cropped this one.
I had to have a feathered friend included of course and so the prelim work has begun.
Not a lot to see yet, but I am hoping it will work out very nicely.....lots of work and layers on the fruit and leaves ahead. I am a bit of a fan of the blue faced honeyeaters and love it when they visit my garden. They love the Jacaranda blossoms.
Over the past weekend as well as stitching I spent time with my journal....it helps me often to do mini pieces for future inspiration or to work out how things look......composition etc.
Sometimes when I am stuck just browsing through will spark some creative memory and send me down a new path to a new project......love my journals!  I bless the day when my friend Janeen introduced me to journaling.....especially art journals!
NOW just a little BIG reminder.....
These brown paper packages contain my offerings.....labeling and protective wrapping to be done.
I will also have a few of my favourite pieces in greeting card form there too.
I am really excited to see the beautiful pieces of art at the exhibition and just a wee bit humbled to have a couple of  my artworks hung along side them.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx


6 comments:

  1. Hi gorgeous lady,i am so proud of you,achieving your life dream,what an inspiration you are my friend,well done to you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces you do Michelle. How nice to have some in an exhibition. Well done.👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for the exhibition. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see your progress.
    And, yes, the art show is just around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special to have your work in the exhibition!! Your new work is looking wonderful, love your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for the cards... I'll be able to do some Christmas shopping there!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.