Sunday 12 August 2018

Coming Up Roses

Another "rosy" project....lots of hours. But when you have a friend in mind it's so enjoyable. A progress photo half way through.
A bit more.....
And now the finish.......after lots and lots of layers and burnishing. I think I grew some muscles in my hand lol!
Roses are definitely natures work of art....such a pretty rose.....so lovely to play with.
I have a "Peace" rose on my waiting list to draw.....love that gorgeous rose.
But before that a little cutie I have been wanting to draw....a teeeny tiny Sedge Frog on a waterlily bud I photographed last year at Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens.
So prep drawing is happening.
Can you see him perched there. He is about the size of your thumbnail in real life! They blend in so well and are so  tiny that you nearly go cross eyed looking for them. Can't wait to get the coloured pencils warmed up for this one.
I'll say hooroo with this pretty image....seemed appropriate with my blooms.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful Rose Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely and great to see the progress shots like that.... I thought the first one was finished when I first saw it....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work Michelle, it will be much loved I am sure. Looking forward to seeing the frog 😆

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.