Friday 28 September 2018

Box of Delight

Do you have a little collection that quietly makes your heart sing? Mine is contained in this box.....a gift from a dear friend.
After some lovely mail recently I thought I would like to share it's contents  with you.......
You see I love to collect Art Cards......little images of art that give me joy. Some I have collected on purpose, others have come to me from friends.
I was delighted to receive these in the mail from my friend SUE
Two of my favourite things.....birds and art! They are so delightful! I love them.
These cards are from exhibitions or galleries....

These are clever artist friends work.
These I was lucky enough to have signed by the artist....
I have lovely friends like Sue who gift me gorgeous art cards such as these....which are just a few.
Wildlife art cards always catch my eye.
As does a postcard or two from friends.
Some I love because of the different techniques used to make them.....linocut, cutwork and patchwork.
Amongst these favourites are themes I love like....Ann of Green Gables from Prince Edward Island in Canada......
And Beatrix Potter and Hexies.....all the way from England.
I love to look through them and they are not ever forgotten.....a simple and inspirational joy. As well as admiration for the artists too.
I hope you enjoyed my little box of treasures.
Some new progress photos next time.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of cards Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh just lovely..... what a collection....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic coloection of cards Michelle, a wonderful treasure trove to look through from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely collection. I must admit that there are certain cards I cannot throw away. They are too special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.