Saturday 22 December 2018

End of the Year

This will be my last post until after Christmas. I thought I would share with you some progress shots of my current piece....the Egret in the Waterlillies....

It is hard with a white bird but he has to wait until last as there is quite a lot of feathery details to go on his chest. I am completely absorbed in this new piece and challenging though it is, great enjoyment is happening.

My summer reading is art inspired also.
It's about Elizabeth Gould, wife of famous Bird fancier and naturalist John Gould.  Eliza as she was known was her husband's very talented illustrator for his book plates. She was ahead of her time and juggled married life, motherhood, tragedy and her artistic aspirations. Amazing woman. Needless to say I am loving it.

That's it from me. Thank you so very much for popping in to visit me. I hope in some way I have inspired you to treasure your creativity whatever form it takes.
I wish you and your dear ones a very Merry Christmas.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

5 comments:

  1. Your white bird is going to be a glorious picture Michelle, and I do like the look of that book. Always love to read biographies of famous artists and their lives, families, and background. Merry Christmas to you and all your beautiful family. xxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful piece in the making Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Egret won't be on the crocs back !
    Looks like another great read. I'm listening to "Educating Alice" thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work on your picture so far Michelle, I can see how it would absorb you. Ennoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't fall off your chair finding me here LOL. I had every intention of visiting in 2018 and promptly forgot. You are such a talented gal! Looks like a good read. I may be able o get it from my library perhaps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.