Wednesday 12 December 2018

Gifts From The Heart

This week I was surprised to the extent of leaving me without adequate words. My dear friend Di who I met through art and fellow Queensland Wildlife Artists Society member.....
gave me a stunning drawing in graphite of my eldest Granddaughter when she was about a year old. She borrowed my photo secretly for this surprise. Whatdo you think?
I just adore it and we will always treasure her beautiful work. Di is such a clever and talented artist, other friends and I are in turn blown away and inspired constantly by what she creates. She is also so encouraging and supportive to all of us with our own artwork.....not to mention a gorgeous person...love her to bits!

I did share this on my stitching blog but for those of you who don't read it. My friend Denise gave me a beautiful nature sketchbook journal made by her Aunty Kay.
It is made from handmade paper and the cover features some Japanese paper Denise bought on a trip to Japan. The journal is a concertina type...
The inside cover also has a little surprise! Beautiful rubbings of leaves from Eungella National Park recently devastated by bushfires. I am really looking forward to recording some special drawings in it.
Both these gifts speak straight to my heart as do the fact that friends took the time to think of me.....a gift enough on its own.....and then create these treasured and special gifts........feeling extremely blessed!!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts and wonderful friends, such a wonderful treasure to cherish. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are very special gifts - lovely. its good to be surrounded by lovely people like that....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful drawing and the journal is stunning. Wonderful to have great caring friends like that...well like attracts like!! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic drawing Michelle - Di certainly is very talented. Oh and the Journal is gorgeous! I love unusual journals and that one is beautiful, I am sure you will enjoy using it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.