Friday 10 May 2019

11 and 12

Journal prompts 11 and 12. These two took me quite a while....perhaps because I love the subjects.
No.11 - QUOTE
I love beautiful words and quotes and have many, many favourites but as I am relating this challenge to the 'natural world ' I have chosen.....
"NO TREE....NO ME"
No.12 - FAVOURITE
Now this was quite a challenge as I have a love of all wildlife but WOLVES are a definite fascination and I love their piercing eyes and strong family ties.
So two more pages done! I couldn't drag myself away from these two.
Australian Geographic is a magazine that I love and one usually comes home with me after each library visit. I will buy one when I have  to wait around and have no stitching or sketchbook at hand. Always in preference to a trashy 'lives of the rich and ridiculous ' variety.
Mr R. surprised me yesterday with a copy...the special 150th Collectors edition.
I was even more pleased as the cover is the work of a favourite Australian conservation wildlife artist Nathan FERLAZZO. He has reimagined Australian Geographics iconic logo....Banjo the platypus, in his own magical style....beautiful! He works under the name Marini Felazzo and has wonderful merchandise as well as original art and more often than not, proceeds go to conservation of wildlife....bonus!
I really do love 'just because' gifts.
I am off to sip a coffee and read my new mag.

Namaste and Blessings
Michelle xxx

7 comments:

  1. Two more beautiful journal pieces Michelle. Enjoy your magazine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the subject of magazines, I too have got very choosy! They have become very expensive to my mind and unless I get a really good read out of one I tend to pass them up. Even the best quilting or sewing magazines seem to be showing less and less of things I like and I get far more happiness and inspiration from reading good blogs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is the little Koala and the Wolf sure has piercing eyes... both beautifully drawn..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful art pieces Michelle, love them. Enjoy your magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work keeping up with the challenges. They both look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. two more lovely pictures by you.... enjoy your read...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Michelle just beautiful. Keep it up. So enjoy seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.