Wednesday 29 May 2019

Erk!!

That's how I feel about my latest journal prompt!
No.16 ABSTRACT
Oh boy definitely not liking my efforts for this one! But! In an effort of 'full disclosure'  you get the good the bad and the downright ugly.....hence ERK!
However......challenge met! Unused inks were used and some pens....
On a cheerier note a bit more progress on the Musk Lorikeets.
Some have most of their colours....
And some don't! I then decided that I wanted the little guy balancing between both bits of tree and the 'birdie bum' checking out the hole.....
I did move the bird on the right closer but it was exactly what they were doing.
One of the photo references that I am using.......
I probably should have used this shot but we will see how it looks in the end.... I can always do a different version.
To sign off today,  a couple of my favourite photos that I have taken that inspire me and why I choose to believe that the natural world is so special and worth standing up for.



Have a wonderful day.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

PS Thanks Rosie for your lovely comments....I couldn't respond directly to you as you are coming up as a no reply blogger.....but to answer your question, a lot of my pieces take in excess of 30 hours. I will have to keep a count one day....cheers x

5 comments:

  1. Well I like your ERK! It does not shout 'Michelle; but I think it looks great. Loving the lorikeets and your beautiful photographs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lorikeet art is gorgeous Michelle, and the bluebird is very pretty in his abstract surroundings. Might feel ERK because you are going against your instincts here :) Lovely photos too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh well done with the challenge... I love it.... love the way you have done the backing - I'd like it in fabric - to applique little fat blue birds on! so next challenge can be dying fabric?????? The lorikeets are coming along and some lovely pictures... immersed inNature is definitely the place to be...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the musk lorikeets. Your painting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your ERK too, I think you did well to apply that challenge to nature! Your lorikeets are looking fantastic. love the little birdy bum you have added. Nature is the best, we need more time in it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.