Tuesday 10 September 2019

Hello Out There

I thought I had better pop in and say hello.....as some of you may know I have been off exploring some of my home State. I would like to be able to say I sketched up a storm but the truth of the matter I was too busy absorbing all the amazing scenery and experiences I had.
It was wonderful to see artworks and sculptures in little country towns along the way.....reinforcing my view that Art is beneficial for everyone.
Some of my favs.....
Two Murals in mining town Moura...

Loved the Giant Van Gogh replica in Emerald....
In the historic town of Croydon I was very taken with this sculpture honouring the Stockman.
Another in the tropical town of Mossman.....very striking against the mountainous backdrop.
This sweet Olive backed Sunbird sculpture in Townsville...
Pretty mosaics in Bowen...

All so enjoyable to admire.
It certainly has taken me a while to get the right end of my pencils back into action.
My poor neglected Wombat is once again getting some attention.
I am working on the rough grass and grass roots  around his burrow.....you will probably think.....what on earth?
It does look  a little strange but there is loads of detail to work yet!
It is now at the OMYGOODNESS! Will this work out ok stage??
We shall see!
I am trying hard to resist beginning any new pieces although the urge to express some of what I have seen is very tempting.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx


8 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing all the different artworks, lovely. I love your wombat he is going to be very special

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to see the different art works from your travels... I'm sure you have lots of things you want to get drawing now from the trip...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful art around. Thanks for sharing.
    Love wombat can't wait to see the finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your art and thanks for sharing. The small towns in Australia have so many works of art including the silo art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosie. It is so delightful to discover these treasures in our country towns x

      Delete
  5. I love seeing the art work that is popping up all over the country. So special.
    That is going to be one gorgeous wombat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful seeing the art that is around for us all to see and appreciate. Love the silo. Your wombat is coming along really well. Great header Michelle, is there an echidna portrait coming in the future??

    ReplyDelete
  7. See much gorgeous inspiration on your travels...
    Your Wombat is developing beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.