Thursday 28 November 2019

Penguin Progress

Good morning lovely people!
Not a lot to share as I am very much amongst the leaves with my Fairy Penguin.
But I think you will see some progress....


As you can see some of the negative spacing is being created....makes such a huge difference. I was always hesitant about it...But now I love how it makes your work pop and gives depth to your piece.
The other thing I love to do, is to sketch little one dimensional drawings that are suitable for my other love....needle and thread......these are Christmas ones that I shared on my quilting blog as a little freebie.
With the devastation caused to our wildlife from the on going bushfires in my country, I had to pop a little Koala in one....with a little reminder that KINDNESS is such a gift....even if you feel you have nothing to offer....you can always, always offer KINDNESS.

So that folks is how I have been spending my pencil time.
Before I go, I want to share a book with you that I reread often.....especially when I doubt my own ability and get into the comparing game.....it happens sometimes despite my best efforts. I think we all suffer from " I am not good enough" blues at times.  I count myself fortunate that I have found myself amongst supportive and encouraging friends and like minded people in both my loves....needlework and art.....so it doesn't come calling too often....or...I am able to send it on its way quickly.
A lot of you may already know it or have read it. I originally borrowed it from the library on the advice of a friend but was always extending so much I bought myself a copy....
Just thought it may appeal.....
If your first intention is to create for yourself....what you love......no matter what it is, you have found yourself at the heart of the matter.

Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love your header..
    I see the cute little Penguin appearing among the leaves..
    Thank you for the sweet stitchery drawings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, your penguin is wonderful, a stunning painting. Would you believe, I have taken up painting again, after about 30 years, just between you and me :) I might need to get myself a copy of that book. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your penguin is coming along beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely penguin pictures starting.... I love how it is coming together and very cute Christmas designs.... I agree we do doubt ourselves so often... silly isn't it but that's what we do... good to have the book on hand...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful header Michelle. Your leaves around the penguin are looking wonderful, I admire how you get all the differing colours. Thank you again for your beautiful Christmas designs, that book looks wonderful, second guessing ourselves seems to be human nature with a lot of us! So good to have the book with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.