Friday 15 November 2019

Fairies....Not Quite in My Garden

Whilst on holidays with family to Philip Island in Victoria in 2016, we explored the place after the Motorbike racing was done. Part of that exploring was a wander along the extensive boardwalk at Seal Rock. Here there are lots of manmade nesting boxes for the little blue penguins (they will always be Fairy Penguins to me) and we discovered some made by their very own little selves. I took this photo when I discovered it's resident keeping a watchful eye on us......I didn't want to cause distress so I didn't get too close....hence not a great shot!
But I have longed to draw it....so I am having a good old go at it.
My progress so far....


Crazy person that I am,  I am enjoying those leaves so much lol!
Speaking of leaves......our Australian gum leaves have always been a favourite of mine. I love the different colours from brand new glossy red tipped leaves, through the sage to the faded rust and sandy colours of decay.....add a few insect nibbles and blights ...... love them! I have been gathering a few and have a little collection that I fancy drawing as a collage....

 Looking forward to drawing these and seeing the results in pencil.
Must away.....I have a little Fairy waiting on my drawing board!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

5 comments:

  1. It's going to be a cute, gorgeous picture Michelle. Leaves are fascinating - I have a photograph of some I collected last year which I am planning to try out with watercolours - got to get the Christmas stitching out of the way first though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The penguins are very cute Michelle, love your drawing. The gum leaves are going to make a great collage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh can't wait to see more of this beauty.
    Enjoy taking the journey with you.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little penguin is adorable Michelle. What a gorgeous picture this will be, and I absolutely love your green leaves. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely look at the little penguin. Have fun doing this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.