Sunday 10 November 2019

QWASI Exhibition 2019

This is where I have spent my time for the last 4 days. At the wonderful Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens. I have enjoyed every minute of it. We out did ourselves this year in the quality and amount of BEAUTIFUL artwork exhibited. Our committee worked extremely hard to make it such a success.


This is only a small selection of what was on offer. Lots of merchandise seemed to walk out the door with very happy folk....pleased with a head start on Christmas shopping...


The highlights for me were seeing my pieces hung in such illustrious company...

Demonstrating my art, discussing wildlife......talking to and encouraging others to follow their hearts and pick up that pencil or brush and have a go as the saying goes.......and having my lovely friend Di Smith beside me, doing the same and sharing time and laughs together. I can't tell you what sitting amongst all this beautiful work does for you......

My friend Di won Best in Show for her gorgeous African Dogs and Best International Art for her Lions......Amazing pieces!


So well deserved........ a more talented and encouraging lady you  would be hard pressed to find. Congratulations my lovely friend!
I took my Major Mitchell cockatoo to work on......
And if you read last post you will see a bit of progress....
Patrons to the exhibition could enjoy a cuppa and treat from these beautiful handmade cups and saucers......so pretty! They were like little gems....LOVE!
On Saturday morning I arrived early to go for a wander around the gardens which is something I love to do.


Say G'day to a local as I pass by...
I hadn't photographed this sculpture before...

I love the sculptural look of Bromeliads.....
I of course can never stay away from the Sacred Lotus pond......
 Always hoping and looking to find one of my teeny tiny green friends.....can you see it? Tiny things really can fill your heart with joy!
So folks that's how I have spent my time of late....if you are still with me, thank you.
On a final note, the amount of people who LOVE the natural world as we do is very encouraging and gives me hope to hang on to in these difficult times.....we just have to keep on taking care of our corner and doing whatever we can, whenever and wherever we can to cherish our wildlife and this world of ours.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful work and a talented group. Di's work is amazing! I too love those teacups! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work and your friends Di's work is gorgeous..
    The garden is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post and great to see that the exhibition was so well supported.... Wonderful art by all of you. As you say, we all can help keep something good going for nature...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow just in ore. You are in your lovely place. Such wonderful nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post Michelle,so much beautiful art work. Also so good for you to be in your happy place. The gardens are beautiful, I figure if we look after our corner of the world the all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pleased the display went so well. With all that effort and talent it was well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear the exhibition was a success Michelle. What beautiful surroundings for it too. Your framed work is gorgeous - such amazing talent! You really do look like you are in your happy place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.