Monday 6 January 2020

2020 Here We Go

Good morning all. It is hard to exude cheeryness when our country is experiencing such a crisis. So all I am going to say is firstly a huge thank you to all of our heroes working together to fight for us, protect us and support us.....and secondly, help where you can, donate if you are able....oh and a rain dance or two wouldn't go amiss either.
Now what have I been up to.....well for 10 days I moped around feeling sorry for myself with some yukko virus thing.....but feeling so much better now thank goodness!
Just before Christmas I took a break from my Little Penguin to start a small study of the feisty Willy Wag-tail. I love there little birds....they are so courageous and brave often fending off much bigger birds who threaten them or their nest.
Progress so far....
Our art group doesn't resume until February. So we thought of a way to encourage each other and stay in touch.....we badgered our poor mentor/teacher Sandra to give us a challenge prompt....one each week for January....so far great fun!
No. 1 - Something Completely Different
I did a role reversal.....
No. 2 High as a Kite
I've gone for a bit of whimsy....
So that's my doings so far.
I shall leave you with a piece of art by artist Kassi Isaac......and it sums up how most of us are feeling about our horrific loss of precious wildlife.
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

7 comments:

  1. Your wagtail is great - we have several types of wagtail, do you? Love your prompt pages. Feeling so sad for your country, its people and wildlife. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very hard to feel cheery and it will be a long time before folk will recover even a little. The loss of the wildlife is so sad as well.
    Love Willies.. I have one that visits the bird bath under the trees all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely drawings … a little wagtail has been visiting us lately.... I always love your challenge interpretations..... so sad for all the animals … and everything else with the fires.... aaaargh…
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is a hard time to be cheery! Love your challenge drawings, the role reversal one is very cute!! Your Willy Wag Tail is great , I often see them when I am out walking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that Willy Wagtail. Could I please have him.....
    Glad you are feeling better. Your art is as always amazing.
    Our poor country is in such a sad way. Thank you to all the helpers. May we have beautiful rain in the right places soon.
    Hope we catch up soon. ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are always inspired Michelle. Willy Wagtail is just gorgeous, and the poor koala, just how we feel right now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your prompt pictures and also appreciate the Koala pic. That says it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.