Sunday 7 June 2020

It seems ages since I have posted here. My time has been spent completing a long ago commenced quilting project. I did manage to fit some drawing in as well.
One of my favourite things to draw is the Sacred Lotus.
This is a combination of a single bloom from a gorgeous reference photo from Tim Comeaux, an amazing photographer and added background leaves, bud and fading seed head imagined by me.


I enjoyed several hours on my little front verandah working on it.
My other piece was from a wonderful reference photo given to me by family friend Michael who loves the natural world too!
Some progress photos....

Call me crazy but I loved working on those leaves.....
I didn't want a background as I wanted the Blue faced Honeyeater to be crisp.
So Blue faced Honeyeater in Melaleuca.....
Thanks ever so much Michael x
Hopefully now that I am about to be released from under my hand quilting I will be back to post more frequently.
Take care,
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

9 comments:

  1. those are both gorgeous... I love the detail especially in all those leaves you colour in..... the whole thing is gorgeous...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you enjoying time with your artwork. Glad you been able to do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful drawing you are working on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful art pieces Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow..Two gorgeous pieces to work on. How gorgeous is that bird 🐦 You know how I love birds. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is perfect, as always Michelle. What a beautiful composition of the Honeyeater and melaleuca. Love to see what you do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely pieces Michelle - the blue face is amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is absolutely beautiful Michelle. So glad you get so much enjoyment out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.