Friday 29 June 2018

Nature's Treasures

Good morning fellow creatives. Are you a beachcomber, or a bush scavenger? No I don't mean taking things that should be left in their rightful place but rather things that flutter or fall onto your path.....little treasures of nature.
Over the years I have gathered little treasures such as these and I display them on a small sidetable at home.
Lots of discarded feathers and they give me endless inspiration as do the pretty seashells and gumnuts etc. collected on wanders.

The little people in my family love to look and enquire about them. We have numerous conversations about them. They also love this little rhyme I scribbled about one of  these feathers......

A Brown Feather
As I wandered along the old bush track, I found a brown, banded feather. Speckled and beautiful and as light as air.
Hmm? I wondered what feathery friend had left it there.
I carried it home with a gentle touch.
I hope its owner doesn't miss it too much.
By Michelle Ridgway
Wings are so amazing to me in all their shapes and sizes.
Nature's intricate beauty never ceases to amaze me!
Do you feel this way also? I think natural places are so important for our well being and soul. I despair of late at what's happening in my little corner of the world.....appreciation and standing up for it is key even if it appears no one is listening! Nature can exist without us but we can't exist without Nature for very long.
Art progress.....
My feathery friends in my latest drawing are coming along....
Some of the reeds are going in and more water work...
I am enjoying working out the challenges this throws up. Thank goodness I have someone clever to ask when I hit a roadblock lol! I am really keen to get more proficient at water subjects.
Speaking of "water"....
I am a huge fan of watercolour. I couldn't really say that I had worked with it, mainly played around with watercolour pencils etc. And mostly made a big mess lol!
So assurances that if I did a dedicated workshop it may help prompted me to purchase these pretties...
So folks......we will see! I will keep you posted.
Have a wonderful weekend.....be it busy, quiet or reflective. And stand up for Nature in all its amazing diversity and forms, wherever you can!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

5 comments:

  1. Yes like you Michelle I am a bit of a Bowerbird too.I like to collect all sorts along my beach walks. Last Sunday I found a pair of old glasses with no arms...my ceramic Raccoon now wears them...
    The black swan and cygnets are looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some nests.... .. Just ones I have found on the ground..... Fallen from the trees....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I collect mainly beach glass on my beach walks, found a big marble once, that was special. I agree nature is very special, just seeing the colours in weedy bits washed up is amazing. I noticed some boxes had been out up in a big gum tree over the road from us, I think 2 are for birds but the others might be for bats. The galahs are busy renovating the bird bow next door, then entrance is not to their liking!! It worries me that human greed will kill off so much nature, palm oil is a classic example, orangutans are just one example of what could be extinct in the wild in my life time. Your swan is stunning Michelle, enjoy your new goodies there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I have collections of little bits and pieces - especially shells and beach finds. I have a little piece of gnarled wood that is a particular favourite. We all need to work towards keeping our planet healthy and beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post. Nature provides so much entertainment... we are lucky that we live close enough to enjoy it.... fun little ditty that you wrote... a poet as well!!!! Love how your swans picture is growing...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.