Sunday 4 November 2018

Creative Connections

This past weekend I spent at Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens Auditorium for and exhibition with some other arty friends. The weekend was organised by our talented mentor and teacher Sandra Temple.
We were so pleased at how lovely everything looked......lots of beautiful art.....cards.

Books, calendars.....
Sculpture.
Jewelry.

Some stitching and drawing......

Several of us enjoyed demonstrating our craft.....friend Alan working with Pastel Pencils surrounded by his beautiful linocut works!
I worked away on my Sacred Lotus project...
Couldn't help but pop out and snap some more inspiration from this pond for future works.......can you see that teeny froggy on the Lotus flower....
And didn't the native bees just love this bloom....
I am a very weary scribbler but a happy one......I got to have lovely conversations with like minded folk enjoying our work and time spend with friends is always a joy!
An early morning walk yesterday through the gardens was also such a treat.
Next week I get to do it all again as the Queensland Wildlife Artist's Society Exhibition will be taking place from 1pm Thursday until Sunday afternoon. I shall be there on Saturday for some demonstrating. It is always a beautiful exhibition so if you are around treat yourself......
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

5 comments:

  1. what a lot of lovely art... I wish I could have seen it all....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks beautiful Michelle, like Fiona I wish i could have seen it it person .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a wonderful display as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks great - what an inspiring exhibition. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous and interesting looking exhibition. I love your Sacred Lotus flower - it's looking beautiful. Have fun this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.