Sunday 9 December 2018

Hello!

After the completion and collection of my Sacred Lotus Pond piece I have been taking a little break.......apart from a few festive journal scribbles....after such a detailed realistic piece it is rather freeing just to draw some fun things from my imagination.

And a little bit of practice with my pencil never goes a stray....Fox and Fungi. Graphite was what I orginally went to classes to improve and then coloured pencils Polychromos to be exact grabbed my attention and haven't let go. It is very nice to just play with paper and a pencil. I keep promising myself some time with a graphite pencil....maybe 2019 lol!
My new project has come to me from several photos shared with me from a friend to use how I wish.
So thats what I have been playing around with.....getting a few lines down on paper.....taking inspiration from both photos. To and froing......discarding, redrawing.....yes? no? etc. But I think I may be almost there.
I have a little more tweaking to do and then I will transfer my rough sketch to my beautiful Fabriano paper to hopefully bring it to life with lovely pencils and DETAILS!
You probably can't see much but evidence that a newbie is on its way nonetheless!
I'm really excited to get moving now!
Wishing and hoping that you are getting to the heart of what matters.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

7 comments:

  1. Very cute little Christmas gnome, your drawings are very clever. The new work looks interesting, they are great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your drawings are lovely..... funny how another method can just catch you and start something new... that new picture looks challenging...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely drawings. The fox is cute.
    Enjoy your new drawing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketches, love the gnome. When I doodle it looks like I was electrically shocked while holding a pen, obviously not my thing.
    Take care, Guida. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful white bird is about to emerge! Wonderful Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little sketches are fun and I can see lots of potential in those photographs - another masterpiece on the way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.