Saturday 13 April 2019

Playing in My Journal

I've been having a lovely time this weekend reading my new book. So whilst I am not likely to get as free and easy as the author I have added a page to my journal.
When we were in Victoria 3 years ago we were staying in Stawell, the gateway to the beautiful Grampians. I was fascinated by a large group of these little colourful parrots....much smaller than our Rainbow Lorikeets at home. They were very noisy and the tooing and froing was fascinating! 
They were so far up in this huge Eucalyptus tree that a clear photo was a bit difficult but I did try.
I thought it was perhaps ok to render some kind of drawing from it.
I would love to do a bigger piece with this and I think I have a friend for the birdie too that I can add.
Anyway I thought the bird might be a good subject for my journal.....
It was really good to try out the colours of the bird as well. Investigation has told me that these sweet little birds are....Musk Lorikeets!
So I decided to add those details to the page too....the what, where and when.
I think the thing I have to get over  with journaling is the extreme dislike of my own handwriting! Ah well I shall just have to hope the subjects will make up for it lol!
It was still a very enjoyable exercise.....might do some more.
My little Granddaughter went on an excursion at school to an environmental park recently and she told me that they learnt a special saying. It went something like this.
"Be still, be quiet, listen and pay attention.....look for the EXTRA in the ordinary"
I just love it!
 Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

6 comments:

  1. well you do manage to find extra in the ordinary so often... not that I think nature is at all ordinary … I think you captured the bird beautifully and a great idea adding a bit of info with it...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. Keep on enjoying it is showing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lorikeet looks brilliant and what on earth is wrong with your handwriting - you should see mine! I like to see words on a page - helps to evoke more atmosphere. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! a page in the journal. And a delightful one to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful drawing in your drawing and your hand writing is soooo much better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful saying!! Your parrot is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing what else might appear in your journal. Nothing wrong with your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.