Monday 24 June 2019

Calling it Done

Musk Lorikeets are done! I chose once again Pan Pastels background hoping to bring focus to the birds and tree....also a little white gouche highlights. I have had great fun with these sweet birds but am definitely not satisfied with the composition. However this is another lesson learnt and I am more than happy to revisit them again from a slightly different angle.

I am taking a little reprieve from the feathers and have started working on one of my all time favourite Aussies and some fur.
I snapped this little snoozing wombat in a refuge in Victoria. I decided to draw him in a burrow of his very own. So this is the company I shall be keeping for a little while. I have also sketched him in my journal and liked him so much I wanted to expand on it.
This week  I  took advantage of the end of year sales and came home with delicious new art supplies......ohhh the joy of brand new paper!
New sheets of paper........endless possibilities!

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

3 comments:

  1. Your lorikeets are amazing.... and so is the tree they are in... such a lot of detail. Looking forward to seeing the wombat... they are such lovely animals...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning drawing Michelle, they birds look real and the detail in the tree is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is beautiful Michelle - what is your problem with the composition? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.