Tuesday 15 October 2019

A New Project

I have spent countless hours when on holidays at my favourite coastal spot trying to get just the right shot of a resident pelican on a huge rustic mooring post that I loved. Never happened....so I had to settle for a photo of the post and a separate one of the pelican. I have used a bit of artistic license with this one!
Beginnings......
And a bit more progress...

And I am now adding a bit of background....
Ohhh I LOVE those tyres! Really enjoying this one!
A little snapshot into what goes on on art days.....joy and silliness lol! Friend Maggie dared me with her camera....silly girl!
At the moment I am trying to organise my greeting cards....
Because it is almost time for the annual Queensland Wildlife Artists Society exhibition at the Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens. I have 3 pieces going into the exhibition this time.
It is always a wonderful show, especially if you love the natural world.
I will post again  closer to the event.
You know I love the word "MAKER" ...... a maker of art, a maker of quilts, of cakes, of a garden, a maker of a home, a maker of pots.....a great cuppa, a beautiful meal, a  maker of cardigans, warm socks......yes! I LOVE the word MAKER!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

7 comments:

  1. Loving your Pelican.
    Beautiful cards for the exhibition..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing how you build up a picture Michelle. Another gorgeous one in the making. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello my maker friend.... I love seeing how your picture builds up.... good luck getting things all ready for the exhibition...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful maker!! Your pelican drawing is looking amazing already! Love the dare photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous pelican Michelle. I hope I remember your exhibition - would love to see your work on show! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it already, Michelle, and I agree, the tyres look fabulous!! Looking forward to 'seeing' the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a bit inconsiderate of the pelican not to pose quietly for you when you wanted a particular snap. Haha! Never works that way, does it. I think you have made a good compromise.
    Great start.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.