Sunday 6 October 2019

"Safe and Snug"

Is what I am calling my sweet snoozing wombat. I am calling this piece finished!
I spent some quiet time with my pencil and sketchpad this weekend. Trying out a few quick studies for some future pieces....particularly the Dusky Moorhen.

Never tire of seeing and hearing our Kookaburras.
I was with this sketch practicing the uncomfortable feeling of drawing a subject right facing with my right hand....sounds silly but it can feel not quite right...much nicer feeling to draw right to left!
I have a new piece started which I will share next time.
 Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

5 comments:

  1. your wombat is just lovely... so cute... interesting about the uncomfortable feeling depending which way they are facing....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wombat is so gorgeous.
    Simply love the Kookaburra..he is so very real. Well done be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute wombat! I wish we had kookaburra here, I miss their singing, interesting about the direction for drawing, does it the in with being left or right handed I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wombat is so cute. Great bird sketches. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wombat is adorable. Looks like the birds have kept you busy, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.