Friday 6 March 2020

More Journaling

The fact my sewing room is getting a much needed paint job has meant I have not been able to access much except for hand stitching and my pencils and art supplies.
Two more prompts in my Nature Journal...
3 - Tree
I settled on the Oak Tree...it still amazes me that such a huge tree comes from that little acorn.
4. - Owl
As you can see I chose a native owl, the Southern Boobook Owl. Most Australians know and love their distinct "Mopoke" call.
I have progress on the Undara Kookaburras......working on the branch.
 This week my art work had to be delivered to the local gallery for our upcoming Queensland Wildlife Artists Society Exhibition.
My Sister in law had told me of a wonderful artist featuring at the gallery that she had visited recently. I was so pleased to see it was still there....finishes today I think.
The artist is Miriam Innes
And she works on large swathes of paper with charcoal in continuous strips.....the detail was amazing. You felt you could walk down these New York streets! The cityscape unfolded right around the room! No photos were allowed but you can get a taste from the catalogue.
I feel so fortunate that I was able to experience it....wow!
I wish you a weekend doing that which pleases you.
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

5 comments:

  1. You are doing so well with your journal Michelle and the prompts. love the oak and owl. your kookaburras branch is coming along really well. That exhibition looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The acorn and leaves are lovely and great "Boobookkowl" you've done Michelle.
    The kookaburras sitting on a Gum Tree branch are comely along too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely prompts... you artists are all so clever...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely journal pages Michelle and Miriam Innes looks like an artist to follow - thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art is coming along beautifully. Love following your progress. Keep up your gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.