Sunday 15 March 2020

QWASI Exhibition Opening Night

Friday night was opening night for our Queensland Wildlife Artists Society Exhibition at the Logan Art Gallery. It was a great night and the artworks just beautiful! Our exhibition was opened by renowned Australian author and photographer Steve Parish. His opening address indicated firmly that he understood our passion for nature and natural and wild places.
Both my Daughter and myself are huge fans of his work so we're very excited to have an opportunity to chat to him and take advantage for a photo.
These were my entries....




I was very excited that my little blue fairy wren has found a new home.

I was very fortunate to have friend and talented photographer Kev Webb give me permission to play with his gorgeous wren photo.....I am going to miss Pretty Boy Blue.
The night was made more enjoyable by having family to share it with.
Two of my Grandchildren, who loved it and had an opinion on each and every one.
My Brother, Son, Me, Daughter and Hubby.
My SIL and I.
The world is a small place. My SIL and our lovely President Cathie are old work colleagues as it turns out lol!
The exhibition runs until the 24th April. The gallery is ***closed Sunday's and Mondays ***
I will be popping in here and there to do a little demonstrating.
Stay well and happy.
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful night for you, and to meet Steve Parish as well.
    I really love your art too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a very successful display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun Michelle, and so proud of you having pictures there.... just such stunning work....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Such a fun successful exhibition. Lots of beautiful art on show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special night - and a great family occasion as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous night. OMG your artwork all framed there is just amazing - it's breathtaking! Awesome that your family all came as well and you got to meet someone so admired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful night for you all, so good to get your family photos. Your art work looks stunning Michelle. Great to meet someone you admire.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment and visiting my art blog.